Monday, November 30, 2009

TNT Commercial Blend

I don't normally watch commercials, but today, while reading something on the internet, I had the TV on - you know, background noise. I was "watching" TNT (Bones reruns), when a commercial for Men of a Certain Age came on. I've been intrigued by the show primarily because I adore two of the three actors that form the core characters: Andre Braugher (already mentioned) and Scott Bakula (he's just so likable!). I'm not a huge fan of Ray Romano, but I've always thought he has charm. I'll definitely check this show out when it premieres a week from now on December 7.

But that's not what caught my attention. Instead, it was the sudden realization that while Romano, Bakula, and Braugher were in the commercial, clearly in a scene from one of their episodes, Flynn and Provenza from The Closer were the main characters of the commercial. If you've not seen The Closer, then you've not had the pleasure of experiencing this dynamic duo. Older men in their late 40s or 50s, they are the true definition of "frenemies". They hang out together, but they make fun of each other too, and they really know how to push the buttons on the other. Their interactions on the show are not infrequently the highlights of an episode. Flynn and Provenza had the Men of a Certain Age under surveillance because, it turns out, they follow The Closer on Monday nights.

USA has done commercials like these in the past, and this is the first one I've seen on TNT. I have to say, I found it highly entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment